Valentine’s Day while budgeting doesn’t have to be tricky and unfulfilling. The day is truly for showing love to loved ones, and money doesn’t have to be a major factor in showing affection. Most people go all out, spending far more money than expected, leaving them with a bit of remorse for overspending.
Planning and budgeting a romantic and memorable day with your partner can save you the headache and regret of being frivolous. Most romantic activities that involve spending a significant amount of money can have cost-effective alternatives.
Here are some super budget-friendly ideas to help you save money:
1. Valentine’s Day is a profitable day for most dine-in restaurants. Most restaurants run specials to ensure their establishment is filled to capacity for the special day. If you and your significant other have a favorite place where you’d like to have an intimate evening, check prior to the date for reservation requirements and if there are any specials running to ensure you’re saving time and you’re saving money.
2. A great alternative to dinner at a restaurant is dinner at home. A homemade, candlelit dinner with your significant other can be romantic and cost-effective. Preparing a nice ambiance and a special menu so your partner can choose their favorite foods and desserts for you to prepare can turn into an unforgettable night, all while saving money and time.
3. The movie and dinner combination is standard on any date, and V-Day is not the exception. Movie matinees are a great way to see that blockbuster you and your partner have been waiting to see, and they’re usually less expensive than going to the movies at night. The day time movie can be a start to an intimate day full of activities.
Becoming Debt Free Starts Here
If you're ready to get started, try our FREE mobile-friendly online credit counseling system. It's the most comprehensive and innovative tool in the industry. Click the link below to get started.Get Started
4. Going on a nice trip for V-Day doesn’t have to be expensive or even to an exotic area of the earth. A romantic ride or road trip to a destination close can be a great way to enjoy a quick getaway all while saving money. Try to find a nice cabin or attraction in a major city near you to enjoy while only being a hop away from home.
5. Gift exchanges are a part of the day for lovers. Budget in the gifts you are trying to buy your significant other in advance to ensure purchase capability. For example, if a gift is 300 dollars, plan out a 10-week savings goal for 30 dollars a week. This method of saving for a gift is only critical for those actually purchasing a gift, as some individuals may prefer a handmade item. Handmade items such as bath bombs, socks, mason jar bouquets, and cards can be an unforgettable gift with of love.
6. If you have kids or buying items for a larger group of peoples like coworkers, dollar stores and discount stores are the perfect way to go. Searching through these discount stores, you will find countless items like mugs with candy stuffed inside, themed itinerary, small stuffed animals, and more. You could make a V-Day themed basket with the inexpensive items for your kids or coworkers that will put a smile on their faces and save you money.
There are countless ways to save money for Valentine’s Day, but it’s all about being creative and understanding the love language of your partner as well. Whether your partner expects the routine dinner and movie with a gift or a day full of romantic activities, all could be cost-efficient, yet memorable.
Gifts do not have to be purchased, yet created. Plane tickets don’t have to be purchased to an exotic location because a road trip to a nearby town can be just as intimate. Budgeting to buy certain items for your partner is also helpful. It is imperative for those on a budget to create ways of showing love without spending frivolously.