Learn Money Management Skills & Earn Your
With bankruptcy education and support from Advantage CCS, you’ll be more prepared than ever to overcome your bankruptcy, receive your bankruptcy certificate and regain control over your financial future. For more than 40 years, Advantage CCS, a non-profit organization, has educated thousands of people on budget development, money management and ways to use credit wisely. Now, we’re ready to help you.
Choose From Two Convenient Pre-Discharge Bankruptcy Education Options:
Phone or In-Person Class: $25
Schedule a Telephone or in-person bankruptcy class today.
When Bankruptcy Certificates Are Issued:
- Within three business days of confirmed completion of the Online class.
- At the conclusion of the Telephone or In-person class
Pre-Discharge Bankruptcy Classes Cover the Following Topics:
- Setting short-term and long-term financial goals
- Calculating gross and net monthly income
- Determining monthly expenses
- Keeping sufficient financial records
- Distinguishing between wants and needs
- Smart shopping tips
- Maintaining adequate insurance coverage
- Saving for emergencies, periodic expenses and goals
Wise Use of Credit
- Identifying types, sources and costs of credit
- Identifying the warning signs of unmanageable debt
- Understanding appropriate uses of credit
- Exploring alternatives to using credit
- Understanding your credit score and credit report
- Consumer Protection Laws
- Consumer Resources
Costs For Pre-Discharge Education Classes:
- The class fee is $25 per person. Advantage Credit Counseling accepts debit card payment made via the phone or money orders, cashier checks or Western Union. We do not accept personal checks.
- In limited circumstances, the class registration fee may be waived if you fall within certain income guidelines. Documented proof of income must be submitted prior to registering for a class. If you feel you may qualify to have the fee waived, please contact the Education Department, toll-free at 866-699-2227.
- You must have already completed the pre filing bankruptcy counseling session and have been issued a certificate and bankruptcy case number prior to taking this class. If you are uncertain when to take the class, please contact your attorney.
Approved States for Bankruptcy Education
Available in all states, excluding Alabama, North Carolina and Oregon
Advantage Credit Counseling Service is approved by the Executive Office of the United States Trustee (EOUST) to provide the required pre-discharge bankruptcy education class and issue certificates.
ACCS is approved by the Executive Office of the Unites States Trustee to issue certificates in compliance with the Bankruptcy Code. Approval does not endorse or assure the quality of the Agency’s services.