Telephone And In-Person Pre-Discharge Bankruptcy Class
The telephone and in-person bankruptcy education classes offered by Advantage Credit Counseling Service allow you to complete the bankruptcy education requirements via the telephone or in a classroom setting with an experienced instructor.
The two hour pre-discharge bankruptcy education class is available via the Telephone in all US states; excluding Alabama and North Carolina, or it’s available In-Person at our Pittsburgh office location.
Since there is a deadline in which you must take the class, it is recommended that you register as soon as possible. The telephone and in-person classes are limited to 25 people per class.
At the conclusion of the telephone class or the in-person class, the instructor will issue you a certificate of completion. Note: You are responsible for providing a copy of the certificate to your attorney.
To register for the TELEPHONE Class:
- Call toll-free 866-699-2227 to register for your telephone class. Please review the Pre-Discharge Education Course Disclosure prior to taking the class.
- Provide the following information when registering over the phone:
- Must provide your full name exactly as it is listed on your bankruptcy, address, your Attorney’s name, and email address.
- You must provide your bankruptcy case number when registering for a class.
- You may pay by debit card or money order or if applicable, provide proof of income to see if you qualify for a fee waiver.
- Once you have signed up for a telephone class, you will receive a Registration Packet which includes the Telephone Course Disclosure, a Verification Statement to confirm your identity that you must sign and send back, and a Confirmation Letter that has the phone number to use when dialing in for your class along with your dial-in passcode.
- The telephone classes will be a group phone call with other people who have registered for the same class. No personal information will be shared during the class. This is a completely confidential phone call.
Telephone Class Schedules:
1st Wednesday of every month (6:00pm-8:00pm EST) and also the 3rd Wednesday of every month (1:00pm-3:00pm EST). The dates and times for the Telephone class will not change.
To register for the IN-PERSON Class:
- Call toll-free 866-699-2227 to register for your in-person class. You must have a valid driver’s license, state-issued photo ID, military ID, employer issued photo ID, student ID or passport to register for the in-person class and bring it with you to the class. Please review the Pre-Discharge Education Course Disclosure prior to taking the in-person class.
- When registering for the in-person class:
- Must provide your full name exactly as it is listed on your bankruptcy, address, and your Attorney’s name.
- You must provide your bankruptcy case number.
- You will be asked to provide your payment method (debit card or money order) or if applicable, proof of income to see if you qualify for a fee waiver.
- Advantage will send you a letter confirming your registration one week prior to the class date.
- Note: On the day of the class, you are required to show a valid photo ID at sign-in. Advantage cannot issue a certificate without proper photo ID.
In-Person Class Schedules:
In order to view the class schedules, you need to install Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You must have already completed the pre-filing bankruptcy counseling session and have been issued a certificate and bankruptcy case number prior to taking this class. If you are uncertain when to take the class, please contact your attorney.
Contact us for more information:
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call us toll-free at 866-699-2227. Office hours are Monday-Thursday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
*ACCS is approved by the Executive Office of the Unites States Trustee to issue certificates in compliance with the Bankruptcy Code. Approval does not endorse or assure the quality of the Agency’s services.