Top 10 Reasons to Support Advantage
Have you ever considered making a donation to Advantage Credit Counseling Service, Inc.? If you answered yes, then there never was a better time than tomorrow to do so.
Tomorrow is the Pittsburgh Foundation’s Day of Giving. Donations made to nonprofit organizations through www.pittsburghgives.org will be matched by the Pittsburgh Foundation. The matching funds will be pro-rated among all participating organizations based on how much each charity receives. Donations can be made on October 4, 2011 (any time between 12:01 a.m. and 11:59 p.m.).
Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to http://www.pittsburghgives.org
2. Click on Day of Giving
3. Click on Donate Now
4. Enter your name, email and phone number in appropriate boxes. From the drop down box select the nonprofit(s) you would like to receive your donation (hopefully Advantage Credit Counseling Service, Inc.!!).
5. Enter give amount ($25 minimum)
6. Enter your credit card information on the secure donation form and click “submit”. You will receive confirmation that your donation has been received and an email will be sent to you for tax purposes.
So why should you help Advantage CCS? –
1. Last year, the agency provided counseling to 13,707 consumers and so far this year, we have counseled 6,440 consumers.
2. In Allegheny County alone, the Agency has assisted 222 homeowners in keeping their home from foreclosure and we’re working on loan modifications for an additional 135 homeowners.
3. Advantage CCS helped more than 500 consumers submit applications through the Emergency Homeowners Loan Program (EHLP).
4. Last year, the Agency has helped 315 senior citizens navigate the reverse mortgage process.
5. Through our partnership with Junior Achievement, Advantage CCS helped educate 16,900 students and their parents on financial literacy.
6. In 2010, the Agency helped consumers pay off $28.6 million in debt and so far this year, we’ve helped consumers pay $19.7 million.
7. Since 2010, Advantage CCS has provided 889 hours in financial literacy education to 4,980 consumers and 482 organizations.
8. Advantage CCS has educated almost 100 young adults who were aging out of the child welfare system on financial literacy and money management.
9. All Agency counseling services are provided at no charge to the consumer.
10. Advantage CCS is helping improve the financial stability of the community we serve.
Thank you for your continued support of Advantage Credit Counseling Service, Inc. and of our mission to provide professional, meaningful and confidential consumer education, budget/credit counseling, and effective debt reduction programs for all segments of the community that we serve. Pass it on! Share with your friends the good work being done by Advantage CCS!